We’re hiring! Find out more about job opportunities at spiked and how to apply below.
CORPORATE FUNDRAISING AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The responsibilities of the Corporate Fundraising and Business Development Manager fall into three main areas:
- Supporters and patrons: We wouldn’t be here without our supporters. Those who donate to us are the bedrock of spiked and a growing community. You will take the lead in growing our supporters network and strengthening our relationship with our existing supporters.
- Brand partners: Making the most of our various platforms, you will work with the team and third-party agencies to build carefully selected brand partnerships that are right for the brands, right for our readers and supporters, and right for spiked.
- Sponsors: We want to work with potential sponsors and partners on specific campaigns. This could be done in a variety of creative ways, from crowdfunding to working directly with individual sponsors.
You will be working with the Operations Director and the editorial team.
Although we are advertising for a full-time position, we are open to part-time or flexible working.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- At least two years’ experience as a successful fundraiser
- Experience with developing donor and subscriber networks
- Experience with large-donor fundraising and relationship management
- An existing awareness of spiked’s audience and supporter base
- Experience of working in the media
- Ideas on how to expand our supporters and patrons programme
- Ideas on how to secure brand partners
- A commitment to spiked’s editorial principles
- Experience of events organising
- A keenness to develop in the role as spiked grows
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- An ability to produce briefs, social-media copy and other engaging material
- An ability to adapt to a changing working environment
- Confidence and initiative
- Outstanding organisational and communication skills
- Strong IT skills, including experience with GSuite, Microsoft Office, etc
- Experience with creative design and building presentations
Very competitive pay based on experience.
- A generous pension contribution
- Capacity for fast track to senior management level
- Annual leave allowance of 28 days (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Additional four privilege days set around Christmas and New Year
- The flexibility of a hybrid working environment
- A tight-knit team of like-minded individuals
spiked is the magazine our maddening era so desperately needs. At a time when it is fashionable to cancel ‘problematic’ people, to sideline voters when they give the ‘wrong’ answer, and to treat human beings as a drain on the planet, we put the case for human endeavour, the expansion of democracy, and freedom of speech with no ifs or buts.
Founded in 2001, spiked was the UK’s first online-only political magazine. For more than two decades, we have combined polemical punch with intellectual depth, holding the line against identity politics, authoritarianism and misanthropy. Now, our articles, essays and podcasts reach millions of people, and we want to take our pro-freedom, pro-democracy, pro-human message to as many more people as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, email Viv Regan: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to attach a CV, including two references, and an introductory letter, telling us why you are best suited to this job and why you want to work at spiked.
Closing date is Friday 27 October 2023.